Olive Kibbeh recipes from middle east kitchen
- (1 cup) bulgur
- (1 cup) green olives, skimmed nucleus
- (50 g) minced meat
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- (1/2 cup) green olives, sliced
- (1/4 cup) pine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Vegetable oil for frying
- (1 cup) water
1. In a bowl, soak bulgur cup water to become tender.
2. Mixed the bulgur, green olives, onions, meat, salt and pepper, then put the mixture in the prepared food mixer and grated twice to get a cohesive dough.
3. For the processing of the filling, in a saucepan, fry the onion in olive oil until the pine wilt, then add and stir until red.
4. Add the sliced black olives to the onion mixture and stir for a minute.
5. Lift the pan from the heat and leave the stuffing to cool .
6.Take an egg sized amount of shell mixture and form into a ball. With your finger, poke a hole in the ball, making a space for filling. Add filling and pinch the top to seal the ball. You can then shape it into a point, or football shape, or leave as a ball.
7.Fry in 350 degree oil on stove top or in deep fryer for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Makes 25 medium sized kibbeh.
Tips: Kibbeh can be stored in the freezer in an airtight, freezer safe container for up to 3 months.